Re: {tech} Damn Cam knowledge- revisited

>ok-  im in process of the 2.0 l build, using the
>9A block, 95.5 TDI crank, Forged 83.5 pistons
>and i want:

Commonly held knowledge says to skip the forged pistons for
a low maintenance daily driver.  Go with the largest cast
piston, which is 83mm.  From what I understand, forged
pistons change dimensions a bit more as they warm up, which
could cause increased oil consumption and wear.

>180 High Torque HP.

Torque != HP.  This is a tired opinion, but if you want
bragging rights, shoot for HP, if you want a good daily
driver, go for torque.  *Do Not Overcam*

>Daily driveability-high performance, not race.
>

>I need to finger out the cam set to get.  a few
>have said get 260/276 combo's-   what is the
>consensus on that?    also if advising me on cam
>degrees- please mention which one would go to
>intake and which one to exhaust.

Given your long stroke (under square dimensions), you
might make up for the loss of torque usually due to longer
duration cams.  You might consider the Schrick 268's, for
more aggressive 'track-like' driving, go for the 260, 276
combo. (the 260 is on the intake btw).  All merely IMO. :)

>Mucho's Grassyass

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net