From: "Gary Huff" <scirocco86@home.com>
To: "Paul Grimes" <paul@vwvortex.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 11:11 AM
Subject: Re: What tranny came in a 1985 8V?

> 9A, 3.67 final drive. I had an 85 Black wolfsburg mk2 that would not die.
It was fun to drive with Koni's, a 28mm rear swaybar, and fully poly susp.
It was actually the best handling A1 I had ever driven, but im sure that's
simply because my 16v car is neither aligned, nor does it have the poly rear
axle bushings my old mk2 had. It makes a very big difference in oversteer,
the VW rear axle was designed to understeer with it's rubber bushings the
way they are. I used to take that car and just fling it down 495 onramps at
about 60, loads of fun, even with a stock wussy JH and vacuum leaks galore.
I think a turbocharged mk2 8v with that tranny would be a fun beast,
providing you have a place to store all your toys ;) Peace,