Re: What tranny came in a 1985 8V?

9A, 3.67 final drive. I had an 85 Black wolfsburg mk2 that would not die. It was fun to drive with Koni's, a 28mm rear swaybar, and fully poly susp. It was actually the best handling A1 I had ever driven, but im sure that's simply because my 16v car is neither aligned, nor does it have the poly rear axle bushings my old mk2 had. It makes a very big difference in oversteer, the VW rear axle was designed to understeer with it's rubber bushings the way they are. I used to take that car and just fling it down 495 onramps at about 60, loads of fun, even with a stock wussy JH and vacuum leaks galore. I think a turbocharged mk2 8v with that tranny would be a fun beast, providing you have a place to store all your toys ;) Peace,
	-Gary Huff