Re: neuspeed spring q's (non roc - but jetta?)

Sciroccin wrote:

> I had recently asked about some springs, and  am ready to buy some now for
> my 2000 Jetta GLS 1.8t.  I seem to recall a thread going around about
> Neuspeed springs not being what they used to be ...

Neuspeed springs were OEM'd for Neuspeed by H&R until about 2-3 years ago,
when H&R decided to set up shop in the US under their own name.  Neuspeed
went off and hooked up with Gruber, another Germany company (who?).  I
have no idea what their heritage is, or if they make any other performance
springs for other companies or if they OEM to any mfr's, but that's who
they're made by now.  There have been tales of these new springs being
inferior, but not from any sources that I'd put any particular credibility
in (i.e. Usenet posts etc.).

I say don't screw around, go for the genuine H&R article.  They're cheap
(Potterman is one of H&R's biggest dealers, stocks just about every
application, and sells 'em for $170 SHIPPED), the Sports work great with
Bilstein sports, and you'll be cookin' with Crisco.  I ran this combo
on my '99.5 Mk4 GTI and it was awesome - about 1" drop, comfortable,
controlled ride, awesome handling, and very smooth sailing over all but
the worst of surfaces.

That story about the Eibach dude was pretty lame!  I'd stay away after
that treatment too!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA