Re: thermotime q's and CSV q's

--- Dan Miller <legalizit@hectorite.i-p.com> wrote:
> Now, if the thermotime switch is faulty, can it
> cause the engine to run bad before
> it warms up, and not jsut seconds after starting?

I would say yes, could cause the engine to run rich if
the circuit is stuck open.

> The test light flashed twice at teh maximum,
> sometimes not at all ni the period of 5 seconds of
> cranking.
>
> flash..2...3...flash..5

AFAIK the light should illuminate constantly if the
coolant is cold and gradually die out as 1) coolant
warms up 2)thermo-time switch heats up due to voltage
passing through it

> I know the CSV is controlled by the thermotime
> switch, so i imagine the CSV going something like
> this:
>
> squirt..2...3...squirt..5

Have you removed the CSV to see what it's doing?
Probably better than guessing...

> i believe i have found the demon...do my findings
> make sense or am i tripping?

Makes perfect sense.  Also test for continuity between
the thermo-time switch harness and the CSV harness,
green wire w/ white stripe, grounds could be checked
also.  HTH

Jeremy Sawyer
'86 16v
Columbus, OH (in the near vicinity of YOU, Dan Miller)