Re: [[Race] 1/4 Mile Times & Specs Was: Re: 'this alternator bearing will self destruct in 5 seconds']

You want 1/4 mile race times? For ours, best was 15.2 (time trial) with the
stock 2L and a half falling off rotted exhaust, that was a mistake - starting
in second, before the linkage was rebuilt and hubby couldn't find first
reliably. (linkage really did suck before, thanks for the shift kit Peter!) In
first, about 15.5 was average. After the head rebuild with way too much oil in
it and overheating problems galore, it was slower. Rained every race since.
And FYI a turbo diesel Jetta will do 19.9 all day long, and my TDI cracked 18,
barely (17.9), but still won $150 in the power adders class! Still hoping to
crack 15, we'll see if the car and weather ever cooperate.