Re: I F*king quit!!

Bob if your that unhappy with it and your reasonably close to SE USA. I'll
come and take it off your hands... but seriously. checking the valve
timing is dead easy..

get a 19mm socket and rachet with as  many long extensions as you can
find.

loosen lugnuts on passenger side.
jack up car
support car on jack stands.
raise hood :-)
remove wheel.
remove upper t-belt cover.
~3 bolts. (2 are 5or6mm allens.)
stick socket on crankshaft pulley bolt.
turn until timing mark on camshaft pulley  mark is lined up with the valve
cover (straight up)
get flashlight and check if the timing mark on the balancer lines up with
the mark on the lower pully cover.
check TDC. pull plug closest to you and gently use a scredriver to make
sure that the piston is actually at the top.

check the position of the dist. and see if the wires are correct... be
aware the bentley has a misprint. somebody on the list will know.

brian
87 16v getting fixed.