Still missing

Alright,  got new distributor on and runs good most of the time, still
misses and hesitates occasionally, and the fuel transfer pumps makes two
different sounds.  Some times the pump is smooth and some times not.  also
Put new coil and fuel filter on.

Question:

When driving down the road going 60 mph or so and engine stalls (I.e. when I
put clutch in the Rpms drop to 0) could this be because of the fuel pump not
working?  Is it possible or would it be because of an ignition problems.

Symptoms:
Car is running good most of the time, but today it stalled at idle coming
out of a gas station and then would not start.  I wait two minutes then it
starts and I drive it home.

I am puzzled but I think the fuel transfer pump is crapping out.  Anybody
else's transfer pump go out?  what did the car do in the process?

Thanks

Robert