RE: overheating-I give up-or maybe fixed

At 9:59 PM -0400 5/30/01, Brad Sayer wrote:
>Well, I played around some more today, rechecked and cleaned all connections
>(electrical) that could affect this.  Filled it up, ran the car and it
>boiled over.  But, I was pretty sure I had a bunch of air in there, so I
>topped it off, and ran it again.  Still was pretty hot.

Ooh!, Ooh!

> Pulled upper rad hose

Ding!, Ding!, Ding!

> to verify that water was flowing, replaced, refilled lost water, and
>all of sudden, things were working alright.

Oh Reeeealy?

>Now the fan kicks in a bit
>above the light at idle.  Still runs above the light at idle and even on the
>road, but not nearly that bad.  And oil temps are down to 105 (instead of
>120 before).  Dont know what the hell I did, but it looks like its alot
>better.
>
>Brad

Baby says "BUUUUUuuuuuuuuUUURRRRRP!"

Good baby, good baby.

Sounds like air bubble trapped in the block. Havent gone back and verified
all the post you made BUT,  did you refill the system by pouring liquid
down into the block via the upper rad hose?

This is a good way to avoid getting air trapped int he engine, even when
you have lots in the Rad.

Good news, btw.
TBerk