[16v] clutch slips when warm

Ugh.

I think I have a new problem on my hands. The last two days I've been
driving along at about 45mph in 4th gear and jumped on the gas moderately
hard only to have the engine revs climb and the vehicle speed stay the
same. The clutch grabs well when the engine is cold, however. I unhooked
the manual adjust cable I threw in there 2 years ago and re-adjusted it so
that there was about 3/8" of vertical play where the cable hooks on to the
transmission lever before it got stiff to pull on. The result was a
slightly different feel to the clutch pedal, and after getting used to it
and driving around for a bit, I assumed that I'd fixed the problem. Not so
- it reappeared again yesterday, same symptoms. It's most noticable when
the engine is hot, it's present when the engine is warm but not when it is
cold.

I'm really hoping this is just a clutch cable binding or something. But I
get a sinking feeling when I think about the fact that it's probably the
Redline MTL I put in the tranny seeping past the seals and on to my clutch
disc. But only when the oil is warm and viscous enough..

Supposedly the clutch was changed at 121k (the odo now reads 133k) .. but
I guess they didn't change the seals while they were there.

So unless anyone can offer an alternative theory or easy test to determine
what's wrong - I guess I'm going to be doing a clutch + seal job. Sounds
like a good opportunity to throw in a lightened flywheel too.

What tools will I need? I haven't done this before so I want to make sure
I have all the right stuff.

Which clutch disc should I get? The tranny is the stock AGB. I remember
hearing something about a 2.0 8v clutch disc that was the new part but
wasn't as good as the old part or something to that effect - what should I
look for?

Which seals should I change while I'm down there and how difficult will
they be and will I need any special tools..

Lastly, where should I go to get a lightened flywheel or should I take
mine to a machine shop and have them do it. How much should I take off the
stock flywheel?

Phew.

Hopefully this job will turn out to be more fun than it looks...

TIA,

-Toby

--
'87 16v