Re: Battery/Cat light on....no voltage....HELP!!!!!!!

>I got my new rebuild Bosche alternator today, installed it, and I'm
>still getting no voltage output, and my 'Cat' light is on too......

VW likes to tie the alternator light to whatever's next to it for some reason.

Some Rabbits with air conditioning used rubber shock mounts on the alternator bracket which insulated it from the block, requiring a ground strap on the alternator for it to work.  I don't know if they ever did this on the Scirocco, but its something to check.  You can connect a jumper cable from the alt. housing to the engine block and see if the alternator starts working.

Bill