RE: Tranny upgrade options?

> Is it true that the quaiffe would be of little
> value over 150 HP? Aside from added strength to my
> existing tranny?

The more horsepower you ask the tires to "stick" to the ground (or the less
traction you have for a given amount of power), the more you need a Quaife.
Or, simply put, a 120hp car needs a Quaife less than a 200hp car. The fact
that the diff will hold up better to the stress is just another reason to do
it. The traction benefits are the biggest reason to do the swap. Who ever is
telling you otherwise has probably never driven one of these units. Quaife
is the next best thing to AWD.

> If i were to swap or upgrade my trans, what would
> i swap too?  A cable type?  How difficult would
> this be and how costly (buying the tranny) what
> else will I need to buy to accompli9sh this feat?

Well, how much power are you planning on making? For less than 200hp, I'd
keep your 020 transmission. I've never done an 02A conversion, but there is
a fair amount of stuff that you must do to complete the swap. HPA
Motorsports sells a conversion kit, I think.

> Im getting torn between just getting this thing
> done and doing her right the first time.

Are you drag racing this car? Or, is this just a street build with a
moderately-tuned motor? I *do* have an 02A tranny for sale, btw...
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor