RE: stroking your motor? Was 95.5 Crank?

>Stroking your motor will give torque gains (which IS horsepower) at all
>attainable revs.

That is what I was told... I was just curious if anyone had done this that
was on the list...

>It's just that the upper rev limit will be reduced from
>stock stroke condition.

Even when you lighten the piss out of her? Autotech claims that their crank
hangs a weight just below that of the 92.8 crank found in the 2.0 16v. If I
got one of these cranks I was going to take off anything in the range of 4-6
lbs, and then of course hook it up with a lightened fly wheel... (just a
thought)

>I can't imagine any significant stroke increase NOT requiring >different
>pistons or rods.

I was wondering about that too... I guess that was the grey area that
Autotech neglected to write in their pages... I guess with their kit they
deal with that for you...

>(okay, maybe a half-dozen head gasket stacked up!!!)

Yah think that'll really work???? (I'm just kidding)

>LARRY E. FRY

thanks larry
chris jevens