stroking your motor? Was 95.5 Crank?

>I have no answer to your question but have a question for you.
>What do you intend to gain from a longer stroke crank?

I was hoping that I could compensate for the loss of the bottom, and open up
the head a little more I guess... I was just checking out my options at this
point...

>If its torque you are after I am sure that could help a little there >but
>if you want to have it knife edged that kinda leans toward wanting HP.

I want everything... of course everyone wants to be able to build an engine
that can do everything, but I know this is impossible. Yes I would like to
have a little more torque, but I was hoping that with the Knife edging
(essentially taking weight off of the crank to allow less energy to be
stored, and allow it to be turned into forward motion) I wouldn't lose some
excelleration also in the process, and also RPM's at the top...

>Is this going in a 16v?

Yes this is going to be a 16v motor...

>that kinda goes against the purpose of the higher reving capabilities
> >since the longer stroke will not rev as quick or high as a shorter >one.

once again I was hoping that the lightening of the crank would help to allow
it to still climb up to a decent RPM.

>I suppose you will need a matching set of rods too unless the pin >heights
>are different on the TDI?

I'm basing this information completely on what the Autotech guys have done
with their stroker kit, but I believe that they have stayed with the
original 144mm connecting rods with no swap in pins either...

>The 16v in 300 hp BTCC form was destroked and overbored FYI and BTW

>Just my opinion and or 2 cents
>Jasin
>MK1 16v

Thanks Jason I appreciate your 2 pence...
chris Jevens