more sunroof q's and a seat question

Well, thanks to you guys I have a second head to keep my mechanic busy so I
can have the car at home. The sunroof flips up but doesn't slide in ( that
should get you guys going, and yes, it is stiff too) How big of a PITA is it
going to be - (I have the Bentley, looks do-able) don't want to take it apart
and have to drive around with a gaping hole in the roof - and if there are
broken cables, (knowing this car so far, likely) are they expensive?

# 2 Tne driver's side seat doesn't slide properly - I'll take it apart too if
I can move it enough - is the likely culprit just rust or broken stuff there
too?
TIA , Cathy , 1987 16V in glorious "K car silver blue" (for now)