Re: Which years did the 4K come on the 'rocco?

I agree - it's anybody's guess what went where.  The same source lists the
9A as being installed in the Rabbit (GTI) and Scirocco from 07/84 to
07/84 (short range!)

All I know is that I've never seen a 4K in anything but an 84 Scirocco or
an 84 GLi.

Drew

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 VWMikeLVW@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/26/01 7:38:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca writes:
>

> > Note that these are dates of manufacture, which translate to 1984 model
> > year in all cases except the Rabbit/Cabriolet, which, if it is to be
> > believed, suggests that the 4K may have been used from the start of the 83
> > model year.
> >

> Well, I know that isn;'t true....My GTI's both had 2H's originally.. You can
> really see VW's organization =)
>
> Mike
> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel">http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel</A> - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
> '84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
> '84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
> '77-Rabbit - project
> '80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca