Re: more sunroof q's and a seat question

If the roof is opening then I would say the cables are OK....errr Tilting I
guess you said.  Either way the cables should be OK.....As far as
disassembly....My first time it took me about 3 hours to disassemble, clean
and reassemble.  Now it takes about an hour or so...The toughest part is the
alignment....But if your sunroof seems pretty level with the roof and isn't
leaking....don't mess with them.  (the Bentley will show you these...they
are just a couple of screws)  Since you will have the roof out,...I would
suggest replacing the seal around the roof.  If yours is OK,...(still black
and fuzzy) then don't bother.  The seal cost me about $50.00 at the dealer.
(yea I know,...but I was in a hurry to get the roof sealed up.)  Probably
try the Potters or Mark first.  I use Purple Power to clean everything with
grease on it..(like those cables since I'm sure someone put some wierd
grease on them at one point or another)  Allow everything to air dry if you
don't have access to an air gun to blow them dry.  Lube everything back up
with some good quality stuff and reassemble.  Oh,...Bentley does say that
ONE VW special tool is required to remove the spring on the roof interior
trim panel,....Basically it is a coat hanger.  (I think Bentley even says
this)  You can make one out of a coat hanger or use your imagination.  That
little spring is the only thing I ever have a time with.....and that is only
in the Reassembly stage.
    As far as the seat..........Not slides is probably caused by something
in the track.   I don't see much rust in these in later cars.  Probably an
ink pen or some change......Mixed in with spilled coffee and coke and forms
a nice glue.  Clean them up well and remove the blockage.  Then just add a
little grease to the seat sliders and put it back in.  There is only one
bolt/acorn nut combo that holds the seat in place.  It is located on the
very front of the seat bottom.  Right down there by the lever to slide the
seat back and forth.  Usually you have to remove the black plastic cover
that cover the inside seat track.  (next to the E-brake handle........look
between the seat and E-brake and follow that black plastic piece back to the
rear of the car....you should see ONE phillips screw.  Unscrew that and pull
the plastic cover out through the back....)  Oh,...and make sure you unplug
the seat belt warning wire or heater wire if you seat have heat.   Those
will be located underneath the seat.
Hope that doesn't confuse you,.........I'm pretty bad at explaining stuff
via writing.
Chris