Re: Premature OXS death

>         I'm assuming that it's unlikely that I've gotten two defective Bosch OXS's
> so what would kill them so fast?  Can the burning of engine oil do this?
> What about the anti-seize that's on the threads?  Can an exhaust or manifold
> leak be responsible?  What exactly happens to the sensor to make it go bad?
> Can they be re-animated?  Baffled, benton-------

  "re-animation" is near impossible without fould the osensor for the
rest of it's life. however, it should be under warranty and i know there
are places that can check them to make sure it's bad. too much oil in
the exhaust can foul the inner-working of a sensor and running too lean
can burn it to death. is there blue smoke coming from the exhaust? on
the other hand, it may be the sensors are fine, but the computer they
plug into is dead.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com