Re: making CV flange spring depressor - Cheapass technique

I believe I use parts either from my generic (fit-all)
steering wheel puller or my generic fit-all harmonic
balancer puller.

A Cheapass brand solution for putting the flanges back
on is to get a ratcheting nylon strap from Big Lots
(they always seem to have a few for a coupla bucks).
Put one CV bolt in each flange and wrap the strap
around the tranny.  The bolts keep the strap from
sliding off the flange.  Crank that sucker down, and
your flanges compress nicely.  May also work for
removing the circlips.

Has anyone used snap rings (the kind with the holes)
to replace the circlips?  These would be a hell of a
lot easier to work with...I got that tool.

Cheapass Ron