[tech] no start

Well, on my way to take a girl out, my shitrocco decided to stop running.
Actually, I returned home for ma house key and as I walked over to the car
to get back in, the shitrocco mysteriously decided to shut down.  I tried
starting her up again and no go.

This morning I installed a new fuel filter, and replaced the transfer pump
with one which is supposedly running. However, the rocco still don't wanna
start. I pulled an injector and turned the key and no gas came out. Then I
disconnected the fuel filter line (the first one coming from the tank) and
turned the key.  No gas squirted out. When turning the key I can hear the
fuel pump kicking on.  Am I safe to assume that the fuel pump is gone or is
there something else I must look into.  Or am I looking in the wrong places?
lol!  I wanna get this right the first time cuz it's fucking cold out there!

TIA

Sal

BTW, the car is an 84 Scirocco!