Re: Need help - making CV flange spring depressor

At 08:08 PM 1/3/01 -0500, RoccoPhil wrote:
>I need to know the diameter of the threaded rod to get for making a CV
>flange spring depressor tool.  Specifically, the rod to thread into the
>shaft.  Mark from Adirondack said it doesn't have to be metric and couldn't
>remember if it's 1/4" or 5/16".  Anyone?

I made mine with, I believe 10mm,  threaded rod and some 1" flat stock bent
to form a square U.  It's a simple tool to make and cheap too.  Most
industrial/welding supply shops carry metric threaded rod.  I think I paid
around $5 for a 3' peice.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and
other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear