Oil Pressure Q

Hi Folks,
  I just installed a newly built motor in my 84 8V.  It starts right up and is running fine.  After it has run for a few minutes at both idle and some revving up to 3K rpm,  when I blip the throttle, all of the sudden the oil pressure warning light and the water temp warning light will light simultaneously.  The oil level is correct, the sending unit is new, the oil pump is new.  Water/antifreeze is full, the water temp is right in the middle of the gauge.  I am expecting my new oil pressure/temp gauges to arrive any second so I can confirm that the pressure is really ok.  This smells like a ground problem to me.  Anyone seen this before?  Any tips greatly appreciated!
				Thanks,
				Arthur