RE: 16V transaxles, was Re: now: torque is good - was Re: 50 mm vs40 mm intake

--- Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com> wrote:
> > However, both transmissions AFAIK came with 90 mm
> > cv flanges, but should be easily upgradable to 100 mm
> CVs.
>
> You know what?... As sure as I am on the first points, I
> could be wrong
> here... I forget. My understanding was that the Rabbit
> GTIs came with bigger
> drive shafts than the more pedestrian A1 chassis cars.
> Given that there are
> only 90mm and 100mm shafts out there, this would make the
> GTI a 100mm car.
> But this is just supposition.
>
> Anyone want to make a factual claim about this?
> ______________________________
> Scott F. Williams

I've got both a 4k and a 2h, and both have 90mm flanges.

Am I right in understanding that I can't swap the 100mm
flanges to the 2h, nor the Peloquin diff kit?

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"I am who I am. What else could I be?" - Lara Fabian