Re: Err car fire!

Yup

I had a bad oil cooler seal.  It dumped 4 qts in a
block... no fire, but definitely an experience.  If I
wasn't using synthetic oil I would've been seriously
freaked to drive the 1 block home.

Those comercials where they run the engine for an hour
with no oil... well, i'd risk it a block, but an hour
is pushing it :)

Mark
--- XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:
>     Opps my car caught on fire a few days ago. I
> guess I didn't run my oil
> cooler lines properly. Well, after a few years they
> wore through each other
> and emptied my oil pan really fast. I was amazed at
> how fast the oil pump
> pushes oil through that cooler. Anyway the oil
> somehow started a grease fire!
> I have now idea how it did it. It was up in front of
> the rad. and behind the
> grill.
>
> Anyway it didn't do any damage and I was able stop
> it with a fist full of
> dirt real quick.
> Other then having some char marks behind the grill
> and lots of oil all over
> my undercarriage and on my rad and behind the grill.
>
> So the moral of the story is . . if you run braided
> lines use covers and run
> them right and check them from time to time. Or use
> non-braided line like I
> just got. Love the barb push on fittings!
>
> Later all
> ~Danny~
> 88 16v
>
> --
> Email problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org  To
> unsubscibe send

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/