Re: fuse block replacement

On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 22:22:51 PDT "smiley pie" <scirocco82@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Hey are there any benefits to replacing my stock (ceramic style) fuse
> block with a newer one? My wiring is a mess anyway (po) I thought since

> the car is finally down I would rewire it and solder all connections.
Any
> opinions/tips?
> thanks
> dave

That sounds like a lot of work... If you could find a complete '84
Scirocco, it would be better if you swapped in the entire harness.
Talk to Daun, I think he is acquiring an '84 Scirocco.

On the plus side, the newer, '84 and up, fuse panel is far superior, the
relays plug right into it, instead of the mickey mouse piggy back setup.
Btw, the newer fuse/relay panel fits the earlier cradles.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, newer fuse/relay panel
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V