Re: Tires (50mm intakes)

16v Jason wrote:

> Bingo -- and the reason I don't have a cam in my car.  If anything, I'd go
> with a 2.0 that would give more lower-rpm driveability and retain high-rpm
> pull.  That way, I'd gain maybe a tenth or two on 0-60, but a lot more
> power off the line without dumping the clutch off idle.

It will be interesting to see how my motor turns out.  Stock 2.0 bottom end,
with euro intake cam, 50mm intake, P&P head by Collin Gyenes, TT downpipe/cat,
and TT fuel enrichment being added (if the damn head ever gets here - waiting
3 months+ now!).  I'm REALLY hopeful that the losses down low will be minimal
and outshined by the gains up top.. if I lose much bottom end at all, I'll
be disappointed.

You SoCal boys are welcome to take it for a test spin once ready..  :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0