Re: Tires (50mm intakes)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Kevin Collins wrote:

> 16v Jason wrote:
>
> > Bingo -- and the reason I don't have a cam in my car.  If anything, I'd go
> > with a 2.0 that would give more lower-rpm driveability and retain high-rpm
> > pull.  That way, I'd gain maybe a tenth or two on 0-60, but a lot more
> > power off the line without dumping the clutch off idle.
>
> It will be interesting to see how my motor turns out.  Stock 2.0 bottom end,
> with euro intake cam, 50mm intake, P&P head by Collin Gyenes, TT downpipe/cat,
> and TT fuel enrichment being added (if the damn head ever gets here - waiting
> 3 months+ now!).  I'm REALLY hopeful that the losses down low will be minimal
> and outshined by the gains up top.. if I lose much bottom end at all, I'll
> be disappointed.

My motor should be a good comparison as well.  Stock 2.0 bottom and head,
euro intake cam, the 50mm manifold (THANKS DIRK), Super Sprint header and
mostlikely an adjustable enrichment module.  Again I have the same hopes,
that is why I stuck with the stock 2.0 head, and mild cam.  Maybe when I
am done when can get a 2.0 16v dyno day in?  That would be cool to see all
the comparisons....

Eric (wet, soggy, and pissed off that I am in South Florida right now)

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)