Re: back home again

--- Dirk Schneider <SCIROCCO2@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just returned back home again and found tons of
> emails.
> My apologies to everyone who is still waiting for a
> reply.
> Please feel free to write me again, if you think
> that I might have forgotten to answer you.
> Thank you !
>
> Scirocco content :
> after putting the complete wire-harness from the PL
> and control unit into my convertible, it fortunately
> runs
> but I have a problem with the exhaust manifold ( or
> whatever you call it )
> this thing is cracked and there is no way to get it
> off as it
> is corroded very much and the bolts are sheared or
> torn.
> So it has to be welded but I can't do that,
> as I'm not capable of welding cast iron.
> At least I found someone who will do that for me.
> ( sooner or later )
>
> My deadline to have this whole project finished was
> Monday but
> well now it looks like it needs at least one week
> longer until everything is
> good enough to get TÜV approved.
>
> Greets
> Dirk

Dirk,

Is the the exhaust piece that bolts to the cylinder
head?

AFAIK iron does not take to welding very well. The old
"studs" can be removed, and replaced with new ones,
but often a "machine" shop must do this. In the long
run, I think you'll be better off replacing the
offensive part.

bis später,

Mark