Re: need advice dealing w/insurance co.

Shawn Rader wrote:

<snip>
> The university I attend has free legal councelling for
> students, so I think that will be my first stop if I have any more
> problems.

This needs to be your 1st step. Get some weight behind you.
Unfortunately they will shine you on if you remain an individual, this
is is their best interest. The will do ONLY that which is their best
interest, not their client's, not yours.

Get help, right away.

>   For anyone interested, the damaged occured at the front left fender.
> The strut housing is bent, the alignment is outta wack, and the wheel
> berring is making noise around turns.  The accident occured in the parking
> lot of my apartment complex.  I had just pulled out of my spot to go to
> class when the big Fed-Ex truck parked in the middle of the lot started
> going in reverse.  I layed on the horn but apparently the driver wanted to
> be sure he had hit someone before he came to a stop.
>
> Shawn Rader
> '81 Scirocco S (out of commision)
> ..and now..
> '99 Chevy Cavalier butt-ass-ugly sluggish piece of crap rental car

The damage sounds extensive, you might get it laser aligned by a good
shop, you might have a case to get a replacement bought for you, buy
back the original car (For some deductible amount), strip it and part
out the remainder that you don't keep. (Damn, they don't make these
anymore.) <sigh>

TBerk