transmission stuff

hey. I looked at a transmission today to replace the dead one in my rocco.
It came out of an 86 Golf, 79,000 miles, trans code ACN with 90mm drive
flanges. I know that my 'roccos 9A trans has 100mm drive flanges on it. I
also know that 3rd, 4th and 5th gears are different ratios. The final drive
is still 3.67 so the gearing doesn't bother me. Everything else looks the
same.

My Q's:  Should I take it  for $175? Can I put my 100mm flanges from my 'roc
in place of the 90mm ones on the Golf ACN code tranny?

adam l
86 8v