Checking fuel pressure ...16v

OK,...car in question is a 1988 Rocco 16v.  Bad runability problems.  Almost
seems like a terrible vacuum leak.  Nothing found in that area.
Prognosis,...fuel delivery problem.  Problem #1.....can't find tool to
measure fuel pressure..(I believe Bentley calls it VW tool 1318)  If I can't
find one of these,...this fuel system is what is called CIS
KE-Jetronic....correct?  JC Whitney has a tool to measure fuel pressure for
this system for like $54 bucks.  So I will pull the injectors tomorrow and
test them one more time.  Does anyone have an additional "known good" fuel
distributor for a 1.8 16v?  I may have interest.  Anyway,...I guess once you
guys tell me if my thinking is correct I shall call OLE Whitney.
God!.....So close to driving this new motor to death and still nothing.  It
runs,...it idles,...it evens sounds pretty good,...just takes an ass of
revving to get it going,...and no damn power once it does start moving.
Thanks (As he slams his head down and begins reading the Bentley...again!)
Chris