Re: What's your Back Up Mobile? was: Um What happened to the list?

--- Brett Van Sprewenburg <brett@netacc.net> wrote:
  The
> only
> thing I miss is the removable rear deck like the Scirocco
> which
> allows for some really LUDRICRIS loads in the roc. :)

Amen - who really needs a pickup truck?

> To add to this thread, what's some of the craziest things
> you've
> loaded into your Scirocco?  I think mine is a massive
> outdoor
> plastic kids play house with towers, tunnels, door,
> slides, etc.
> Is it cheating if I strapped things to the roof and
> actually
> made two trips? :)

Doesn't count.  ;)

Hmmm.  I hauled two knocked down queen-sized waterbeds in
the back of an '86 16v once (in one trip), and another time
hauled 4 rims / tires, two front seats, overnight bags and
a 6'2" tall friend from Texas to Ohio in a Mk 1.  (Still
had NO trouble hitting 100mph with the 1.6 either.)

> Or is this a total waste of bandwidth finding out a
> little bit more
> about each other?

LOL!

I see the list as part technical advice, part social forum.
 100% on topic.  If you don't like the thread, use your
delete key!

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.