Re: Long response to--->Re: HTML

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 11:14:08PM -0400, Chris M wrote:

>     My second problem with this line of discussion is the belly-achin' about
> html email.  Does anyone here have a problem with html websites?  Didn't
> think so.  Html email is the next step in the evolution of email.  Everyone
> here uses embedded links in their email and doesn't even think about it.
> Most of the websites out there use pretty backgrounds and fancy graphics in
> their pages.  Why not do the same with your email?  Nobody bitches when they
> get a letter in the snail-mail that's been written on fancy stationary, so
> why complain about html mail?

Because not everyone uses a mailreader that parses HTML.  I know I dont,
and never will.  I read my mail from a UNIX shell account. This lets me
get to my mail from ANYWHERE I have internet access, whether i have web
access or not.

Dan

--
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.  I have come to
realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.