Re: Long response to--->Re: HTML

>     My second problem with this line of discussion is the belly-achin' about
> html email.  Does anyone here have a problem with html websites?  Didn't
> think so.  Html email is the next step in the evolution of email.  Everyone
> here uses embedded links in their email and doesn't even think about it.
> Most of the websites out there use pretty backgrounds and fancy graphics in
> their pages.  Why not do the same with your email?  Nobody bitches when they
> get a letter in the snail-mail that's been written on fancy stationary, so
> why complain about html mail?

Because on a list of this size, and the amount of messages sent through
every day, there is NO need for the extra bandwidth taken up by lameass
HTML messages.  Alot of people here run at slow speeds, and can take them
alot of time just to download email in text, let alone HTML.  I have DSL,
yet I still use an unix based text only email reader (PINE).  I love it
for this list and wouldn't use anything else.  Saves time and bandwidth.

Eric