Re: Long response to--->Re: HTML

>    Ok, I read enough of these posts to tick me off a little.  Not much,
>just a little... ;)
>First off, the problem with the last couple of "viruses" that made the
>rounds was not with Outlook, its with the windows scripting host.  Its also
>a problem with the people that open attachments willy-nilly.  People, do not
>open attachments unless you are absolutely certain what it is!  If it ends
>with ".vbs", don't open it!  Microsoft is partially at fault for this
>because there is no reason to integrate the scripting host with Outlook, but
>the real fault lies with the people who ignore repeated warnings to disable
>the scripting host in the Control Panel under the Add/Remove Programs :
>windows setup : accesories  heading.  'Nuff said about that.
>    My second problem with this line of discussion is the belly-achin' about
>html email.  Does anyone here have a problem with html websites?  Didn't
>think so.  Html email is the next step in the evolution of email.  Everyone
>here uses embedded links in their email and doesn't even think about it.
>Most of the websites out there use pretty backgrounds and fancy graphics in
>their pages.  Why not do the same with your email?  Nobody bitches when they
>get a letter in the snail-mail that's been written on fancy stationary, so
>why complain about html mail?
>
>Ok, everyone....burn my ass with your hate mail!.... :-)~
>oh...by the way...I love this list!
>
>Chris M.
>'82 Scirocco
>http://members.xoom.com/mp3vw

Just to stick a pin your fine HTML balloon...I use Eudora which renders
HTML email just fine...however, the fonts are usually colored, and much
smaller then 'normal' text.  I usually just say screw it and delete it
without reading it at all.  So if anyone wants me to read their post,
don't HTML it.

And finally, I have to remove the HTML tags when I re-HTML the list
archives for scirocco.org.

Vote 'NO' on HTML email within the list.  Oh, and your pasted links
statement holds no water with me either, as it's not content, it's
just text.  It's up to your email client to make it 'live', your not
pushing rendering tags in an email with a pasted HTML link.

Remember, the web is a pull environment: you only get what you ask for.
Email is a push type environment, where you push content on other
people when they receive their email.  That's why we don't care about
SPAM type websites, as we can easily ignore them by not going there. Yet,
people get upset when they are spammed in their email because they can't
just ignore it.  HTML is not necessary in getting your point across on
this list. Period.

I could go on and on about what a bunch of crack-heads there are at
Microsoft to cause such blatant security risks, but I digress...

==Brett