Re: HTML

On Sat, 27 May 2000 23:14:08 -0400 "Chris M" <pb1113@hotmail.com> writes:

>    My second problem with this line of discussion is the belly-achin'
about
>html email.  Does anyone here have a problem with html websites?

Like this one?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heh!
Well, since you asked, most of us use a web site browser for surfing the
net and use a test only program to read e-mail.
You probably have a HTML based e-mail program so you don't see what many
of us do see. The problem with HTML posts is, you got to sort thru alot
of the HTML code to read anything. Most of the time the message will be
in text on top, then about 150 lines of html stuff with the message
duplicated. I don't mess with it. If I cant read a post that's HTML or
just lazy grammar, fuck it, deleted. I cant help anyone if I cant
understand the message and I absolutely refuse to spend my time decoding
ANY message. I don't have the spare time now like I used to have a couple
years ago. Sorry.

>Didn't think so.  Html email is the next step in the evolution of email.

Yah, so is win95/98/00 but some of us are still (Holding out!) using
win31.

>Everyone
>here uses embedded links in their email and doesn't even think about
>it.

Not everybody.

>Most of the websites out there use pretty backgrounds and fancy
>graphics in their pages.

Great, leave it in a web site. I don't know about the rest of you, but I
don't need any fancy bells and whistles to read a message. Better yet,
why read a message at all? Why don't we all just get an e-mail reader and
listen to all the messages?

Going too far you say? Its not necessary you say? My point exactly.

>Why not do the same with your email?  Nobody bitches
>when they get a letter in the snail-mail that's been written on fancy
>stationary, so why complain about html mail?

Apples and oranges. Besides all that, the bottom line is, if you like all
the foo-foo stuff in HTML coded messages, that's fine, have a ball with
it. Meanwhile alot of people who have real questions are probably not
getting a solid reply because someone like me wont spend the time to
decode a message and help them out. Really they're (unknowingly) hurting
themselves by using the HTML.

>Ok, everyone....burn my ass with your hate mail!.... :-)~
>oh...by the way...I love this list!

Why would anyone send you hate mail? You asked a legit question so you
have no worries dude.
I hope I helped you understand another point of view. You don't have to
agree with it, just understand it a little.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!