Re: New Dimension Show...........LONG!

Ian wrote:
<snip>
> There was one light blue '82 that didn't enter the show because he thought
> his paint didn't match.  But that car was SWEET!!!  It was the best
looking
> blue interior I've ever seen.
<snip>

I'll totally agree, and what was up with the two Tornado red 16V's, the
Black 16V, and the other Mk2's parked on the same street that didn't enter
the show. We probably would have had well over 40 entrants if they would
have joined us. Anyone on the list?

> Randy B. made a great entrance at the hotel!  He was trying to show us how
> the SP 8000's don't stick as well as the AVS's. He came roaring up the
back
> row of the parking lot (there were no other cars back there) and he got
> going fast enough that he couldn't make the turn at the end of the lot!
The
> asphalt was really smooth and slippery.  He hit the brakes lightly, locked
> up the front right, released and tried again, but then all wheels locked
up.
>   He just held the wheel straight and released the brakes as he neared the
> curb.  Luckily his air dam cleared the curb and he didn't bend any rims.
> There was an embankment just past the curb with lots of bark and this kept
> him from going into the street.  What an entrance!  Gave us a really good
> laugh.
<snip>

Yeah, that was me, Mr. "leave racing on the track".
Boy did I feel like a total dumbass. I actually thought I could stop even
with the SP8K's.
If anyone wanted proof of how strong the Revolution RFX's are......
My toe/camber is slightly off I think but the Bilsteins held up. I
thoroughly checked out the suspension and nothing got bent and all is tight,
phew!. 8)
The lower 16V bar probably saved me from further damage.
Oh yeah, I think the AVS's would have kept me from jumping the curb. 8P

<snip>
> With all the hard driving on the way back, my mileage was 29.11 MPG.
Gotta
> love that 16v!

He he he, I got 34-36 MPG when I went to LA to pick up my R1's in my 1847 8V
:p
I averaged about 80mph

> I was thinking as we were washing our cars
> Saturday night, that our cars are really lucky that we own them!
<snip>

I think the same thing everytime I wash mine as well, must be a Scirocco
thang. 8)

For all those that made it to the show,  You guys(gals) rock.
For all those that didn't,  we missed having you there but there's alway's
next year.
Thanks to Tim Hildebrandt and the New Dimensions staff for putting on such a
great show.

Randy
(2) 81 Scirocco S's "The Twins"