Re: Now a friend with BIG 16V problems

<<When he replaced the distributor rotor, did he use locktite?  If you don't
secure the rotor to the shaft, it will fly off.  I would guess that the cap
is now too torn up to work right.  Try changing cap and rotor again.  The
Bosch parts are way better than the Borg-Warner stuff you get at the local
autoparts store.

Ian Overholt>>

Umm.... Has anybody else ever had this happen?  I've been changing my 16V's
rotor with bosch units a couple times a year for 10 years and I've never had
this happen.  Actually, its a BITCH to get it off each time and I see NO way
for it to fly off on its own.  It sounds like its happening in this instance,
but why?

Dan May - Greensboro NC
8716VScirocco
'79Scirocco