Re: Hello again and clutch question...

At 03:53 PM 05/07/2000 -0500, Matt Willey wrote:

  I was thinking release bearing.  I went to
>replace the release bearing, but there is no plate there as my book would
>suggest.  It looks like the next piece I can take off is a much bigger one
>that looks like it involves about 6 bolts and a tranny mount.  Do I have to
>Matt Willey

You were in the right area.  At the end of the housing you are talking
about is a round, usually green, plate.  That is the one you remove.  You
can take the housing off though if you wish.   With the tranny out of the
car that is how I do it, but in the car I would use the plate.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T