Re: Hello again and clutch question...

Just FWIW, when this happened to me it was that the clutch had exploded
and wedged in between the pressure plate and the flywheel were lots of
little bits of clutch. It did this for no apparent reason. It probably
wasn't a Sachs clutch, but I really don't know. The other thing it could
be is that your release rod went through your release plate. If you pull
off the green plate on the end of your trans (you have to ruin it to do
so, so have another one on hand. They're like $2 from the dealer), you can
see the mechanism that presses on the rod clearly. I've never seen this
mechanism be the problem, but I certainly don't know everything.
	-Josiah

'87 GLi
'84 GTi
http://bork.hampshire.edu/josiah