Hello again and clutch question...

    Well, I have not been on this list in over a year, so let me start by
saying hello again.  Beyond that, I do of course have a question...

    I have a 84 with the JH, etc, etc.  The clutch pedal is on the floor.
So, needless to say it is hard to get out of gear.  The cable is fine and
attached, so it must be inside.  I was thinking release bearing.  I went to
replace the release bearing, but there is no plate there as my book would
suggest.  It looks like the next piece I can take off is a much bigger one
that looks like it involves about 6 bolts and a tranny mount.  Do I have to
all?  Thanks for your help, and sorry for the length...

Matt Willey