Re: All this "done with VW's" crap

My 2¢.

All the cars you mentioned were no more reliable than your VW.

VWs are just as reliable as japanese cars, and the materials are much
better. If they seem less reliable, it's because they're sportier and thus
more likely to have been pounded by their owners. (This relates to my theory
on 16v versus 8v performance...)

That said, I really think it has more to do with the owner than the car.
I've never had any of my cars leave me stranded, and I own some cars others
would term problematic. Heck, I even have Audis with fully functional
electrical accessories.

I think VWs are like training-wheels for the potential owners of other
german cars...

Here's my own little pithy car phrase:

If it costs $20k new, then there's probably $25k worth of stuff on it that
could possibly break.

Think about that when you are looking at 20 year old german cars.

-Noah
-84 Audi UrQ
-87 Audi 5kCSTQ
-86 Audi 5kCSTQ
-83 VW Callaway Turbo Rocco (FORSALE)
-83 VW 16v Cabbie (coming soon...)
-87 VW 8v GTI (Will this car ever die? 250kmi)
http://www.members.tripod.com/pchandyman