Re: New Tires too !

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:56:38 -0400 "Steve H" <kracker@UDel.Edu> writes:
>Hey,
>  I went out and bought a set of SP8000's.  I can't really tell you much
>about them because I have to replace my wheel bearing before I can give
then
>a 'thorough testing...hehehehe.  But so far, they seem to be much more
>stable then the old D60A2's that I had on there before.

Just don't try to do a late braking demonstration in turn 3 at a Marriott
parking lot. They aint that good, right Randy? :)-
LOL! Kidding aside.. <snicker> heh-heh. ummm. Sorry.

Anyways, I always find that brand new tires suck. I mean, its nice that
they're new and all, but performance wise, the tread blocks are all TALL
and squishy. "Turn in" sucks for a while until they get worn down to
where the performance is. They don't really take a set in a corner. Just
kind of squish around until the turning part is over.

Also, id get a few easy driving cycles in before I start hammering on
them. Especially if you plan on USING the crap out of them. They will
heat cycle a little, enough to make a longevity difference. This is
mostly an old autox technique for race rubber (Which I don't use on my
Hoosiers. Mount them, race them! )

For street use, I  like to take it easy for a few trips before I start to
use the turn slip angles, if you know what I mean. have fun!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!