Re: Wheels America (similar bad exp. long)

I had a similar experience with a company in Ga. called Rennsport. I was
run off the road by a local redneck and ate my Fittipaldi Interlago up
pretty good. I sent them the wheel with my name, address, day & night
time phone #'s, email address, pager #, and cell phone #. (I thought it
was over kill too) From here (NC) to Ga should take about three days by
UPS. So 7 WORKING days after the E.T.A., I called to see how everything
was going. "Oh yes, I'm sorry but that wheel was 0.006" out and we
couldn't do a thing with it." they said. I was a little miffed at the
fact that they didn't call me but more angry about having to find a wheel
that hadn't been made in 4 years. I asked if I could get the wheel back
and I was told that it was no problem. I figured I would send it to
another company and get a second opinion. 10 WORKING days pass and I call
them again, "Just calling to see if my wheel was sent out yet." "No I'm
sorry, It was thrown away." they said. THEY THREW MY F**KING WHEEL
AWAY!?! I asked why and they said it was because the face was bent and
the wheel was over 0.0085" out...(what?) As soon as I confronted them
about their problem with consistency, they didn't want to talk to me any
more.

I called back for the next 3 weeks asking to speak to the owner (i knew
his name) and he was never there to take my call or didn't ever get the
messages to return my call...hmmm, that's strange. So while over at a
friends house I try the call again. Holy cow, he takes the call! I tell
him of my dilemma thinking the OWNER would have some compassion and some
resolve to right the wrong...WRONG! He first questioned the fact that I
ever sent the wheel to them. Then when confronted with the changing # of
how far my rim was bent out of shape, he said, "I don't know that THAT
happened." When I asked him what his company intended to do, he curtly
responded, "What do you think I should do?".  I told him they should
replace the wheel or reimburse me for it. He told me that a damaged wheel
has no value and that they were NOT going to do anything of the sort.

We came to no agreement and I intend to pay them a visit one day. I won't
shoot anyone, but I sure hope their store is full of potential customers.
I was in the NAVY and I can curse at about 1200 words per minute. I
practice a LOT!

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the f^$kin' god d*#ned crazy mutha f^$ker with the gun.