Valve Spring Compressor

Title: Valve Spring Compressor

I pulled my head off to get at some broken ex. studs and looked at the ports. They look like crap! It looks like somebody took a die grinder

with a rasp-like tool and randomly dug into the port around the injector hole. I used to work for a die caster, so I know about how they clean

flash and burrs from machining, but this is rediculous. My head must have been built on a Monday after a big beer-brat fest. Anyway, I have

porting tools I use on my kart engines so I thought i would clean the ports up a bit. I also thought I'd better get the valves out so i could

smooth out the sharp corner near the bowls. I got out my trusty Bentley to see what kind of exotic tool i'd need to get them out. Usually

AutoZone or some other chain place has rental tools, as I've used them in the past for all my VW's. But not this time. Does anyone on

the list have any easier way to get the valve springs compressed other than using the VW tool?? I know Schley has a tool, cause I asked

Mike Potter about it but i don't wanna spend 115 bucks for something I might use twice.

Anyway, TIA

JW