what sooped up sciroccos are like?

I've never seriously modified a scirocco for
performance gains. I worked on a '73 charger and a '73
RS camaro. These were always bolt on mods for more
horse power. I never beefed up the suspensions. I just
wanted more power, and I got that. Sometimes the gains
were not as dramatic as I would like. It seemed a give
and take thing: you took somthing and lost somthing
else. Now I wonder what it would be like to jump from
the stock hp of my '87 16v to about 170 hp? I believe
the stock hp is about 121. So were talking a jump of
about 50 hp. I know others have done it, and I would
like to know what that was like when you started it up
and took it for a ride? Do you get any problems with
torque steer?  I've never seen a modified scirocco,
much less been in one. Interesting to see how they
would react to more power. The camaro I had seemed to
become skittish with more power. You had to watch
where you had the wheels pointed when you gave it the
gas. Under hard accelleration, it had a marked
tendency to go kind of sideways down the road as the
rear wheels tried to pass the front wheels.

Jorel Jackson