radiator q ['85]

  was wading through the archives, but haven't hit upon what i'm looking
for yet. i know my water pump needs replaced (starting to make a helluva
racket), but everything else seems fine. still, the car is running about
3/4 hot (when idle; my '86 8v only runs about 1/2 hot all the time,
however it got a new radiator about 5k ago) which is a concern in
heavier traffic. i have noticed, though, that when i shut it off, the
fan behind the radiator isn't running (like the '86's). is there a relay
or fuse, or was this something different b/w the '85 and '86 years?
thanx.
--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com