Rear Disk conversion

I fergot to inquire about the rear disk conversion.  I'm using the complete
Scirocco 16V disks to be installed in my 81 Rocco.  I don't have the rear
axle from the 16V rocco but I am using the axle from a 83 GTI.  I read
somewhere that part of this axle needs to be shaved/grinded.  Can anyone
lemme know where and what?  I haven't mounted the brakes on as I don't have
the car but I can envision what needs to be trimmed.  TIA

Sal
81 Scirocco S (16V to be)
81 Scirocco (motorless and directionless - not no more!)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg