Re: 16V Rev Limiter

if i remember correctly, the rev limiter is in the fuel pump relay! dont ask me how it works, I'm not even sure if this is correct, but for some reason i remember that.
someone wanna correct me? :)

you could test that theory by bypassing the relay w/ some wire and a switch (just pull the relay and wire the switch up to run the fuel pump)
the bently uses this switch for some fuel injection tests, it's described in there.
just a thought

--- "Craig Williams" <roccolister@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>Done all of this. That's why I'm bouncing off of the rev limiter already.
>Cams, springs, retainers, P&P, balanced bottom end, oversized pistons. All
>done.
>
>So, does anyone know how to defeat the stock CIS-E rev-limiter??
>
>Thanks -- Craig Williams
>1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (Breaking in the Motor)
>1987 Jetta GLi 1.8 16V (Daily Driver)
>1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For the Wife & baby to be)
>

>> So the story is, that you do not want to get rid of the rev limiter
>> before you have changed the cam springs, because otherwise
>> the valves will hit the pistons and that's one thing you do not want
>> to happen. The limit for stock valve springs to handle is around
>> 7500 AFAIK, so I'm already bit afraid of my own engine.
>

>--

==
Kevin Fry
81 scirocco 1.8