Re: velocity limited slip kit / swapped 5th gear

allright, thats what i like to hear--a satisfied scirocco owner w/ the setup i will have :)

i cant wait to get my car back togther now!

When I torqued the hex bolts, the specs were for 35 flt-lbs but i got to 33 and the 6mm allen socket was starting to strip the 6mm hole in the bolt! (so i just stopped at 33. the threads might've stripped if i hadn't counter-sunk the cap to engage more threads at that high of a torque.  I can totally see how you stripped it, it's totally velocity's fault.

I think the kit wasn't that well designed.  but it should work now

BTW how did you fix the stripped threads in your tranny???

--- "Ken and Susan Buck" <phillyscca@mail3.enter.net>
> wrote:
>I have both of these items in the '78.  The problem I had/have with
>the Velocity kit was that I over torqued the hex bolt and stripped
>the threads in the tranny.  Take your time and make sure everything
>is clean, then the locktite should hold.  My car is very low and I
>haven't had any issues with the bolts hitting.
>
>And the .71 fifth gear is indeed awesome, especially when you down
>shift next to a Mustang on the Turnpike and leave him in the dust.
>:^O
>
>>Ken Buck
>Philly Region SCCA oldtimer
>78 FSP VW Scirocco- 2000 PA State Solo II Champion
>85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car #12 (still 3rd in points)
>84 VW Scirocco daily driver 235,000 miles and still screaming
>66 Olds F-85- second owner, "the rally car"
>
>--

==
Kevin Fry
81 scirocco 1.8